Aerodyne Research – Pilot 7
Production time – Stock: 2 weeks / Custom: 8-10 weeks
When you have a famous name, there is an expectation to live up to it. This has certainly influenced our design of the Aerodyne Research – Pilot 7. The Pilot 9-cell canopy has built a solid reputation for great openings, flat glide and a powerful flare. The new Pilot7 needed to be pretty special to be worthy of the name Pilot. It is.
The Pilot7 is probably the best wingsuit canopy made. It provides superbly consistent openings, which inspires confidence in everyone, from a beginning wingsuit flyer to a world champion (and several of both are happy Pilot7 flyers).
In flight, you will find the Pilot7 an agile and fun canopy. It is predictable enough that it encourages you to wring it out and play. It has a flat glide and a powerful flare, likely more so than any 7-cell you’ve experienced.
The Piot7 is available in three versions:
- Standard ZP
- ZPX – Low pack volume honeycomb ,
- UltraLPV -Constructed with a top skin and outer ribs of ZPX and bottom skin and inner ribs of FX11
ZLX lines are used to create an amazingly low pack volume canopy.
While we know wingsuit flyers love a great opening 7-cell available with unprecedentedly low pack volume, we also expect that there will be a demand from a broader spectrum of the skydiving community. Students, younger jumpers, and older jumpers will all benefit from the forgiving openings, low pack volumes and great handling characteristics of the Pilot7.
Stock Pilot7 ordering process:
- Choose a canopy from the Stock list on Aerodyne’s website
- Enter the serial number of your chosen stock canopy above the Add to Cart button
Custom Pilot7 ordering process:
- Click here to design your custom Pilot7
- Add your custom design to the shopping cart on Aerodyne’s website
- Click Check Out and select ParaFunalia as the Distributor
- Come back to this page, add this item to your cart and go through the checkout process to complete your purchase