Cookie G35 Skydiving Helmet
Special order – Lead time: 4 weeks
WHAT IS THE G35?
After Cookie launched its certified full-face helmet, the G4, the shadowy figures in the Cookie lab were tasked to work on an upgrade to the G3 helmet. While initial discussions centered around improvements to the original, it soon became clear that there was a much longer list of features waiting to be realized, as well as learning to incorporate impact-protective materials used in the G4.
To understand the G35 you first need to understand the G4… The G4 helmet offers a unique set of advantages over helmets traditionally used in skydiving. The challenge set by the architects of the CE XPS72600 skydiving helmet standard asked for a helmet that would impact test under the identical velocity, helmet conditioning and head coverage of the already established air sports certification, EN966, but added a snag test for the obvious differences in our sport. We will continue to develop the certified range of Cookie helmets as they offer critical safety advantages in our sport, both outdoors and in the tunnel. The G35 project, however, gave us the freedom to focus on a lightweight, compact helmet that’s secure under the forces exerted by skydiving at high speeds and when cameras are added. We wanted to design an integrated GoPro solution for a full-face helmet and a non-certified design gave us the chance to do just that. The G35 has a more traditional coverage profile but is lower at the rear compared to the earlier G3. This lower shell coupled with an external high-density foam area offers firm security while allowing the user in and out of the helmet easily. The most obvious difference between the G3 and G35 is a plate area in the top of the shell. This plate recess allows the user to easily customize the helmet between standard, tunnel (anti-scratch) and utility/camera, and includes pre-mounted internals for our patent pending camera release system. All that on a foundation of a G4 style EPP foam internal.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT THE G35
- Soft and secure chin support
- Steel spring mechanism (like the G4) with added assembly fail safe
- Solid tunnel nylon skid plate, perfect for protecting the helmet when head down on the net
- Nylon utility skid plate and cutaway handle turns your G35 into a GoPro helmet solution. This GoPro mount works with the Cookie roller mount range and allows the user both emergency cutaway functionality as well as a lightning fast way to attach and remove your camera
- Pre-marked for FlySight assembly
- High-quality visor optics in clear, tint and mirrored colors
- Deep internal audible pockets
- Choice of colors with the ability to further customize using aluminum side plates, top plates and visor options
What is so special about the G35? It has many improvements over the G3, including:
- More coverage and protection, as the back is lower than the G3 yet still easy to get into
- Replaceable liner over EPP internal cap with ventilation channels using the latest materials available
- Padded chin area for more comfort
- Functional audible pockets and more room for your ears
- Quieter, due to integrated visor and slicker side plate design
Note: the G35 is not certified to the XPS-72-600 helmet standard.
Choose from thousands of combinations of helmet, top plate and side plate colors to personalize your G35.
- Mix and match the helmet and top plate colours to give your helmet a unique look
- Add a skid plate to protect your helmet when flying in the wind tunnel
- Add a utility plate to fit a cutaway roller mount with cutaway handle
G35 Helmet Sizing
We hear mixed reports that the G35 sizing is closer to the G3 helmet than the G4 helmet. Cookie’s tour representatives who travel with G35 samples say they are close to the mark with only a small percentage of customers having to go up one size. The G35 is designed to be a firm-fitting helmet, which is important for top-mounted cameras and when flying at high speed in the wind tunnel. The low-density cheek pad foam will also eventually conform to the wearer’s face.
Above, left: G35 as packaged. Middle and right: G35 with available add-ons.
The G35 helmet comes packaged in its own printed box. Inside, you will receive a G35 helmet instruction manual, G35 helmet bag, and one loop hex tool.
There are no reviews yet.