Cookie G4 Skydiving Helmet
Lead time – 8 weeks
Pre-orders will ship late August – early September 2019
The Cookie G4 has more head coverage in many areas, especially back area. This will meet CE XPS 72-600 for skydiving and wind tunnel flying…..Yes! It’s crash rated!
The liner is removable and washable, but not easy to do. Some tools will be required.
The G4 comes in 3 different shell sizes (compared to 2 shell sizes the G3 has), but only 1 visor size! Entirely new visor closure system with metal spring that should not break and last the entire life of helmet. Should Spring replacement be required, it is very easy to do with no tools.
There is an air-vent for visor air flow that also removes hot air from the head out the back of the helmet. Another vent for the mouth exhaust. Both vents can be open or closed if you choose!
Larger, easy to use audible pockets. EPP foam liner. There is access to the top of the helmet shell for mounting cameras but the helmet is not rated with ANYTHING mounted on the exterior. It’s at the risk of the user to add such items and will void any safety certification. This is the same for snow and motor sport helmets.
Sizing will be a bit different for the G4 vs. G3. Use the G4 sizing chart provided above. Many are going down 1 size per new sizing chart and experience.
Differences Between the G3 and G4:
- Certified to XP S 72-600
- Same superior viewing area
- Better internal design for a better fit
- Easier fitting of audible altimeters
- The back offers more coverage for protection
- More protection around the temple area as the visor mechanism is also thinner
- The mechanism is similar in operation but designed to offer no maintenance
- A lot quieter as it seals better in all areas and the exterior shape is sleek and smooth by design
- No glue holding the chin curtain in place
- Cooler due to the ventilation design
- Ventilation control can be adjusted by the user
- One visor fits all G4 helmets sizes
Initial G4 helmet orders are limited to the following matte colour choices: black, white, dark blue, red, charcoal, tactical green, royal blue and lime green. We anticipate the other five colour options—electric blue, orange, purple, yellow and pink—will be available for purchase in late July and ship late August.