FlySight 2 Audible GPS
FlySight 2 Audible GPS.
FlySight 2 is a complete redesign, building on all the things learned with FlySight 1.
The FlySight 2 starts with all the original FlySight features:
- Real-time audible feedback using tones and speech
- Review of data after the jump using the same applications you’ve used with FlySight 1
And then the FlySight 2 includes these new features:
- More powerful processor with Bluetooth Low Energy radio
- Improved audio quality
- Additional sensors (acceleration, rotation, orientation, pressure, humidity, temperature)
- Water resistant case (IP67)
- USB C
Initially, the functionality of FlySight 2 will be similar to FlySight 1, but as with the original, the manufacturer will be improving FlySight 2 with free firmware updates. The first priority once will be to work with mobile application developers to build an interface to transfer data and configure FlySight 2.
FlySight 2 can log GNSS at a rate of up to 25 Hz, pressure up to 200 Hz, and acceleration and rotation up to 6 kHz. Looking ahead, this data will be used to provide information about the unit’s orientation during a jump, as well as to improve the accuracy of distance measurements over short time spans, e.g., shortly after exit.
Included in the box with FlySight 2:
- FlySight 2
- FlySight 2 mount
- USB A to USB C cable
- Mounting hardware (both VHB tape and screws are included)
- FlySight bottle opener for releasing FlySight 2 from the mount
The FlySight 2 is “unlocked”, which means it’s able to go back and forth between the official firmware and third-party firmware.